SOAR One-Day Outreach Sponsorship
2017-2018 Short-Term Funding Guidelines
SOAR provides sponsorship for undergraduate Registered Campus Organizations (RCO) initiating a one-day outreach events (e.g. campus visits, campus tours, student panels, workshops and conferences). Different amounts are available for half-day and full-day events.
- Events must be initiated by a UCI undergraduate Registered Campus Organizations (RCO)
- Each RCO can only apply for 1 SOAR Outreach Sponsorship per academic year
- Projects must include activities that contribute to increasing the achievement, development, and UC eligibility of educationally underrepresented1 and underserved2 students in Title I high schools and community colleges.
- The maximum amount awarded for a half-day (3-4 hours) is $250
- The maximum amount awarded for a full-day (+5 hours) is $500
1Underrepresented: students who are disproportionately lower in number of attending or graduating from college.
2Underserved: students who are typically, low-income, first generation, and underrepresented racial/ethnic minorities that do not receive equitable resources as other students in the academic pipeline.
- Funding request must be submitted 30 days prior to the event.
- You must submit a PDF file of your budget to email@example.com no later than 24hrs after submitting the online application. Must include total budget, total amount requested, and other funding sources. Please visit the “required forms” tab under the Outreach section to download the budget template.
- Sponsorship applications will be reviewed within two weeks after submission
- Awarded funds will be contingent upon signing an agreement form.
- During the event you must have the SOAR Data Intake Card filled-out by the UCI volunteers and the prospective student participants (i.e. high school and community college students)
- All SOAR Data Intake Card must be submitted no later than two weeks after your event.
- For more information about SOAR sponsorship for your one-day event, please contact: Petra De La Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org