WHAT IS THE SOAR FOOD PANTRY?
- The campus SOAR Food Pantry is a student initiated project and it is the first step in ensuring that UCI students are food secure.
- Our hours of operation are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 10am to 1pm for the Academic Year; Summer hours are walk-in 9am-5pm.
- Students can access the pantry using their UCI student ID. All information is kept confidential.
- The Pantry uses an “Honor System”, so there are no requirements to access the pantry. We kindly ask that students use it only as an emergency service and on a need-basis.
- Students may visit the Food Pantry once a week. Each student can get 15 points worth of food per visit and should take all points in the same visit.
- We encourage students to bring their own reusable bag. Students who bring their own bag can take an extra point
- The Food Pantry now offers Toiletry supplies in addition to food supplies, for an additional 5 points.
Students who would like more assistance, or any additional information, can contact Andrea Gutierrez, the UCI Food Access & Security Coordinator, to book a confidential appointment: email@example.com
Additional help includes, but is not limited to:
- Confidential appointments and referral to resources
- Additional on and off campus food assistance
- Applying for Cal Fresh Benefits
- Food Access related projects
- Volunteering at the pantry
Request a workshop or presentation HERE